- the following: 2x Air Lift Air bags, 2x Doetsch Tech lowered shocks, Mounting Brackets, Heim Joints, Hardware & Fittings
- With a Swing axle air ride kit , welding is involved and it is recommended that you have the body off for this installation to go in nicely. Why, you might ask? Ease. Its tough enough trying to work on your back, you don't need to install an air ride suspension on your back. If you have a hydraulic lift, this makes the job easier but, it is still easier to install the kit with the body off. A certified welder is recommended to ensure proper penetration of your welds. If you are not certified, please take it to a certified welder. 220 amp welder is recommended although a TIG or stick welder can do the job as well. Please, do not use a 110 amp welder to install this kit. It does not have the correct amperage to make the weld penetrate. If you want to run heaters, you will need to modify your heater boxes to do this. Slight notching and rerouting of the tubes are needed. For pre 58 cars with a Split Trans or transaxle end castings that are parallel with the spring plates, you will need to change those out to 59-65 models found here
- These kits fit the 1949-68 Beetle/Ghia, Replicas, Dune Buggies, 73-74 Fridolins and 65-79 UK Spec Beetles and Ghias with Swing Axle rear suspension.
Why an Air Ride Kit?
- Are you tired of the stiff ride? Are you looking to have an adjustable suspension with a flip of a switch? Are you dragging you car everywhere you go? Can't get into your driveway? If any of these questions pertain to a need that you have, then the Complete Air Ride Kit is your answer. Should I install them or have a licensed mechanic install them?
- If funds allow, have a trained technician install them. Better to have them make sure everything is right and you will not be second guessing yourself. If you are educated and have the correct tools, a back yard mechanic can install them but we do recommend you have a professional take a look after you are done.